Monday, September 26, 2011

reap to sow

Every time I come across a great book, my first instinct (after diving into its pages) is to share it with others. It's the beauty of turning the solitary into something shared in community.

So when I came across, "The Power of a Positive Mom," by Karol Ladd,* I thought it would be fun to share it here. Around that same time, Courtney issued an invitation on her blog to share an book or experiences of working on faith and motherhood and her to join me on hosting this discussion. (So excited to partnering with her!)

Beginning October 10, we'll take two chapters each week and share what spoke to our hearts and we hope you will join us in this discussion (more details on those particulars to follow). That is my first hope ... to deepen the connections within the online community. My second hope is that God will use this book to help strengthen us on this journey of motherhood and I love how Karol turns us to His Word to strengthen hers.

Which leads me to the name of this coming together to share and discuss: Reap to Sow.

Usually, we see this written the other way around...the Scriptures I searched out also have it in order of sowing to reaping. Yet, the concept of reaping, then sowing, stuck with me.

And the more I thought about it, the more I realized I cannot sow what has not been reaped. To sow into my children, I first need to reap, glean, drink from the Fount, the principles, fruits and LOVE from the Lord. Within His Word, in praying to Him and the wisdom He bestowed upon others, I can reap a harvest, be fed, then feed.

If you would like to join us, please find a copy of the book and dig in. Check back here the week of October 3 for details on how we will share what we glean from the pages.

(*see Disclosure page on the right side bar)

No comments: