Saturday, December 17, 2011

a badge of love and encouragement: liebster award

Earlier this week, I had a lovely surprise from Jenn at Little Homeschool on the Prairie - she wanted to pass along the Liebster Award to this blog. I always love reading Jenn's blog as it's a beautiful example of how learning can be as simple and natural as breathing and she's provided much encouragement to me through her comments here.

What is the Liebster Award? It is typically given to dear, favorite, or beloved small blogs (ones with less than 200 readers) as a way to recognize and encourage one another.

I admit to feeling awkward at receiving an award, because anything good found here is of God and so the honors go to Him. Yet, a warmth floods my heart at the same time, knowing He is using this space in some good way and because it is given by a new found friend.

But onto the fun part...now I have the opportunity to pass along this award. I hope that you too will find them dear.

Here are four beloved to me for awhile:

A Work in Progress 

The Story of Us

 The Remodeled Life


The Stanfield Journey (since it's just a smidge over the "200 reader benchmark" I'm boldly including it)

And here's one which is newer to me, but equally delightful:

Our Nest in the City


P.S.

Liebster is the German word for "love" which I chuckled over this morning because I believe God is having a little fun with me.

Back in college I decided, despite my lack of aptitude in foreign languages, to take German for the first time ever - I had a smattering of "survival" words stored up from a recent trip to Germany and Austria so I thought it would be great to expand my German vocabulary. Bad idea. In college, they seem to think I could learn a foreign language in the same amount of time it took me to learn a healthy dose of French between grades 4-9. Every time I needed to translate an English word into German, my French override button kicked in. I can't even remember the German alphabet. I can, however, remember the words for 1, 2, 3,...but I think that has more to do with hearing those words sung repeatedly during Oktoberfest celebrations. 


3 comments:

Anna said...

Just found your blog through Courtney's. So refreshing to read from you on mothering. I am a mother of six in NC. We are currently fostering 2 and I love getting inspired from mama writers in the blog world. Look forward to popping in later.

Anna

PrairieJenn said...

I can't wait to check out these that you have mentioned:) Thank you for your kind words. You are a blessing and an encouragement to me!

The Remodeled Life said...

Thank you so much Andrea, you are such an encourager. Your blog is a blessing to me as well. I loved checking out the other blogs - such sweet writers. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!