Monday, December 19, 2011

reap to sow: the end

Now we really have reached the end of Reap to Sow discussion for The Power of a Positive Mom: Revised Edition by Karol Ladd.

If you have a chance, and are not too overwhelmed with final Christmas preparations, we hope you have a chance to read the concluding chapter. It was so refreshing to read the seven principles Karol outlined on pg 265 as it quickly reminded me of the territory covered within these pages.

Which leads me to the gift I mentioned on Friday...If like me, you read a great book then life continues to happen and you forget much of the wisdom in the pages of your recent read, then I hope you find these two printables a blessing.


The first is a bookmark and the second a 4x6 notecard which can be tucked in a Bible, a journal, your purse, another book, or any nook or cranny which lends itself to these helpful tools. The front of each features a watercolor of a mother and child cradled in God's hands, encompassed in His love along with the words which recall the major points we learned within these pages. The back of both remain blank, to be filled by you with whatever needs spilling onto the canvas of white - be it a Bible verse, a prayer, a word from the Lord.








If you would like these printables, please leave a comment with your email address or email me and please tell me at least one point from these pages or our posts which most encouraged or challenged you in your journey to positive motherhood. I will then email you a PDF of file which you may print and trim for your own personal use.

Here are two ares which most challenged me ...
In the chapter on encouragement, it struck me how often our children hear negative messages and how we must work to pour positive words into them - not the surface "great job, honey," but words which speak to their spirits and deeply afirm who they are.

In the chapter on living lessons, I was convicted of the number of times I try to parent with words and without action.






1 comment:

Amy@BR said...

Visiting from The Remodeled Life. Great blog!