to reach me directly: whispersinthesilence(at)live(dot)com
It feels uncomfortable to write this page. Something that seems very me-focused. But I love to read the "About Me" pages of others. Perhaps because it makes an impersonal medium more personal. So, here's me in a nutshell with my inspiration taken from "Because of Winn-Dixie."
1. I have lived in three countries and claimed citizenship in two of them.
2. I have had three last names. I'm not adopted and am still married to the same wonderful man. On that note...
3. I was the one who first asked out my husband on a date. He declined because he was sort of seeing someone and he wasn't the type of guy to date two women. One month later, wholly single again, he asked me out. One year later we were married. All because my co-worker came back from a meeting and told me she had met my future husband.
4. I lived the first 20ish years of my life as an atheist/agnostic. Thankfully, God rocked my world and now I know Him and His perfect plan to rescue me. My faith story is here if you'd like to learn more.
5. I'm a mom to four children - one girl, three boys. When I was in kindergarten, my aspiration was to be a mother when I grew up. When I was a teenager, I thought I wanted a career over kids. I'm so glad God allowed the wisdom of my five-year-old self to prevail.
6. I stopped wearing make-up in 2006. Here's the story which I wrote for the (in)courage community.
7. In May 2012, I adopted a vegan way of eating. It was my dad's heart disease diagnosis that got me on this path. And the more I learn about it, the more I'm convinced we can change the world though our food choices with a healthy portion of advocacy on the side. As I post more about this topic, I'll provide a link, but in the meantime, if you're curious to learn more, send me an email and we can chat.
8. Rarely do I like the pictures taken of me. Maybe I'm highly critical, but I never feel like they capture who I feel I am inside. Or maybe I have time living the belief that it's what's on the inside that really counts. Probably an area God needs to address in me.
9. I like to be in control. Lack of control and structure scares me...it feels like a free fall into space, not knowing where I will land. God's working with me on this. Because I want the freedom Jesus claimed for me, knowing that if I free fall, I land in His hands. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be someday.
10. I wish I had just one area of focus, one interest. Life would be so much simpler. But that's not how God made me. Instead, He designed me to love readingprayingworshipingwritingsewingcraftingcookingrunningbikinghikingphotographygardening among other things. And this blog will probably reflect that.
Thanks for taking a little time to know me better. I'd love to learn more about you, whether it be one thing or ten.