Wednesday, November 16, 2011

happy day project: day 1

happy day Since I only learned about this project last week, I'm a little late to the game, but have decided to do what I can, when I can.

Day One's challenge was to bring a treat to a neighbor. We went a little further afield than our street, but I think "neighbor" still fits.


I settled on making pumpkin bread (and here's the recipe I used), but with a twist. Instead of packaging up the loaf, I placed it in a small mason jar.*

Complete with spoon.
 


















And roasted pumpkin seeds. Yum!



















Then I packaged it up in a cloth gift bag - a sewing project which doubled as a homeschool lesson for Brie.

If you want to join in the fun of this project, here's the link to The Happy Day Project.


*I have seen this idea done on other blogs with cake batter baked right in the jar. I toyed with the idea of trying to bake the bread in the jar, but didn't want to chance it not working out. So I settled for cutting the bread into circles.

linking with: KoJo Designs Friday Fun Finds

No comments: