Tuesday, April 5, 2011

swim.bike.run.



My swim.bike.run. training program was derailed this past month as I went a couple rounds with, what I suspect, were not one, but two, vicious cold viruses. The virus(es) were winning until I finally gave in to Dave's admonitions to take the antibiotics prescribed by my doctor. Last night, for the first time in almost a month, I finally felt ready to work out again.

I'm quickly, realizing however, that "winging it" might not be the best way to prepare for something that will seriously test my endurance. Especially since it's recommended to workout 4-6 days a week. Yikes! Something tells me "training for a triathlon" will become part of our homeschooling curriculum. ;)

Any one else considering running a triathlon for the first time? Leave a comment with the date of your race and we can encourage one another along the way. The race my husband and I are participating in is the first Sunday in August.

Also...here are some links to training ideas for first time swim.bike.runners:
Training for Your First Triathlon
Beginner Triathlon Training
What a Beginner Woman Triathlete Needs to Know
12-week Plan for Completing a Sprint Triathlon
Training Tips for Busy Mom

No comments: