Monday, April 11, 2011

on a Sunday

On a Sunday six years ago (yesterday), a little man made it into the world and completely alleviated all my uncertainties about "what I'd ever do with a boy" (I grew up with two sisters and only one boy cousin on each side of my family). He is the epitome of his name - Reese Matthew means "enthusiastic gift of God" and he continues to keep us on our toes.

Yesterday, we celebrated with some:

rocket stompin'
"the harder you stomp, the higher it flies"

new-to-two wheels bike riding, whirlygig bubble-blowing helicopters, watergun squirting, a family dinner,
Reese & Luke coming in for cake after getting soaked from the superssoakers
playing with a cousin
I love this picture of Ben and Jack. It looks like Jack "You can't fool me Ben...I see what you're up to"

lollipop* eating
I actually took this picture this morning - Reese was very generous with his treats and gave Ben one this morning

late night phone calls to Gramma to thank her for her gift and last minute snuggles with Dad and Mom.

The best gift though was from God - the first shorts-and-t-shirts weather of the year, made for playing outside and giving us hope that summer is just around corner.

*My sister bought these lollipops at our local natural foods store. The testimonial on the back of the package says, "The best lollipop I've ever tasted." It seriously is. And the best part is that it's made from fruit and veggie derived ingredients. Judging by this post-birthday empty package, I think we'll be buying Yummy Earth's "Organic Vitamin C Pops" soon and often.

No comments: