Tuesday, June 28, 2011

poppies

Last week, my mom treated us to some confections from our favorite natural foods store. One of the desserts I selected was a piece of poppyseed cake - different from the usual bundt cake style but chock full of poppyseeds, topped with fluffy icing and containing a hint of lemon. (Side note: everytime I go to type in "poppy" I accidentally type "poopy" - must be the phase I'm in ;) ).

Since then, I went on the hunt to find a recipe that would duplicate, or at least approximate, this scrumptious dessert. So far the closest I've come is this recipe, but found it a little too buttery. The hunt is still on, but here's a glimpse of my efforts last week.


And in other poppy-related news :), I'm finally ticking a few more sewing projects off my list. Here are a couple I just finished this week and added to my etsy shop:

No comments: