Friday, July 29, 2011

awakening

I was going to do a photojournal post today, but then I read this article in the autumn edition of World Vision Magazine, and, somehow, my original post idea seemed rather trivial for the moment (though I still plan on doing it for a later time ;)).

It's a short article under the magazine's "Inspiration" section, so I won't synthesize it here in the hopes that you'll read the full article.

But I do want to share what God laid on my heart after reading it...

"Healing Love" provides the hope that our faith is more than a label. It is an action. And when we are active in our faith and relationship with Christ, others can see the difference and thirst to have the void filled within them by the Living Water which never runs dry.

In this love walk God has me on with Him, reading this article reaffirmed how much I desire to serve Him. How  I pray He would teach me what it means to love as He does, trusting that when I do, it is Jesus others see and hopefully awakens in them the desire to know Him well. I have a long way to go on this road, but thankfully, I have a patient Companion and a trustworthy Guide.

If you have the time to read the article, I would love to hear your thoughts, too.

No comments: