Saturday, August 6, 2011

swim.bike.run. nerves

It's been forever since I did on update on the triathlon. The doozy of a cold I had back in June totally squelched my training plan, desire to do the race and has left me with only a mustard seed of faith that I'll actually make it through. But what God can do with a mustard seed...

Dave and I picked up our packets today. Turns out we're in a different wave (the, ahem, gap in our ages throws us into different categories ;) ). So much for "doing this together," as Dave promised me on the outset. Thankfully, I have a 5 minute lead on him, and guess that he'll catch me up in the bike portion (if was the other way around, I don't think I'd see Dave until the finish line). Unless God decides to move a mountain and have me maintain a 5 min. lead.

So, with great trepidation, and a lot of hope that, indeed, God wants to be the One to bring me though, it looks like I'll be jumping in with both feet into the triathlon. Point-four mile swim, 16 mile bike, 5K run and a good long nap afterwards.

(There's still time to donate to our mycharitywater page if you'd like to support our effort to raise money to bring safe, clean water to people in developing countries. Check out the link on the right column for more details --->)

No comments: