- finished our map of Australia by adding the labels
- added spelling into the mix - I bought the "Building Spelling Skills" books by Evan Moore publishers for Grades 1 and 3
- began reading about Australian animals
- Since their Dad is running for office as a councilperson in the ward of our city, the kids will get a personal look at US politics and government. As part of campaigning, I was going to have the kids help make shirts for themselves using the freezer paper method. I had each of them help design the logo for the front of the shirt, but after it took 2 hours to cut and paint the designs for my husband's shirt (getting arm and finger cramps in my arms and fingers in the process), I decided it might be going a little overboard to do the same for four additional shirts. So I may resort to the iron-on transfer method, which is as exciting, but takes a lot less time!
- Luke putting his arm around Ben at "snack time" - a time we all look forward to during the school mornings!
- teaching Brie and Reese how to play "Mastermind" while Luke and Ben went with Dave on some errands
- the three biggies having a sleepover in Brie's room and trooping downstairs in "born order" the next morning while holding the backs of one another's shirts - a happy gang knitted closer together by the adventure of an in-home sleepover
- working with Dave on the details of his campaign kickoff
linking up with: