I guess the advent of summer vacation (and an intentional week-long break from the computer) will do that!
Truth be told, I don't really feel like writing today, but I'm also reluctant to let more days slip by without recording their essence. The mind so easily forgets the gifts God bestows:
- Ben turning 3! Here's the one picture I did manage to capture. The rest of the day was left to celebrating with a trip to the zoo and making birthday treats (like these pancakes).
|(I think it's kind of funny I got more pictures of the animals than I did of the birthday boy ;) )|
- The last day of school - sad to see a great year come to a close, but anticipating the joy of summer too
- Going on a retreat with Brianna and other girls from her Missionettes group and the simple return-to-childhood pleasure of sleeping on the bottom bunk.
- Exploring new hiking trails for the Moms & Kids Hiking Club I'm putting together this summer.
|Reese started this "eyes bugged out" thing for his pictures|
- Browsing farmer's market stalls
- Finding a bargain on beautiful bananas perfect for a non-so-chunky monkey style "ice cream"
- Biking with Reese
- Beginning a new Bible study