Monday, October 22, 2012

day 22: because it's not about the biceps

It's the last full week of this crazy 31-day writing fest and I am thanking. God. it's almost over. He really is the One Who has carried me this far. I certainly couldn't do this in my own strength and truthfully, have felt like giving up. Like now.

Which so neatly ties into one of this week's themes: loving God with all of our strength.

As I anticipated this week, I kept thinking how ridiculous it seemed, because my strength is nothing compared to His. And it's hard to comprehend how He could grow this strength-loving thing in me anyway. Sure I could weight-lift, but I don't think bigger biceps are exactly what He has in mind. And it's not like I could hug Him harder anyway, because, well, it's hard to hug the One Who is invisible.

So here's my theory for what God might have in mind for this week (and I don't think it will involve any dates with the barbells)...

I think He might teach us to love Him with all of our strength when we use the strength He gives us to love those around us.

It could involve hugging those around us, helping to carry a load, using our gifts to encourage another or holding someone who feels they are falling to pieces.

And I'm completely curious what He's going to have me write about this week, because unlike the past three weeks, I have not neatly mapped out plan. Then again, maybe this is Lesson 1: Learning that when I am weak, then I am strong, because I am leaning on the One Who makes me stronger.


This week I'm learning to love God with all my strength and loving strangers. Want to join me? Please click here for this week's challenges.



*Images for the Deep Love Diving banners and buttons were courtesy of this site.

No comments: