Tuesday, October 23, 2012

day 23: why it takes strength to walk


God is faithful. That's the straight up truth.

If you read yesterday, I confessed an uncertainty as to what I'll be writing about this week in relation to learning to love God with all my strength. And then I went to Bible study this morning where I picked up this week's Home Training Lesson: Walking & Talking with your Child.

I didn't notice the title until I got home, put Ben down for a nap, curled up with my current fave snack - sliced green apples and peanut butter - and began to read the lesson.

After the second paragraph I did a mental face palm because I had only spent the last week studying about Adam's line through Seth and this guy, Enoch, who chose to walk with God for 300 years. Now that takes some strength.

I love how God used a lesson designed to teach children to get me to see what I could not in my adult-Bible-study role. Because I want to be a teachable child.

With my mind filled to the brim on this walking-with-God concept, 'm off to learn what that means step-by-baby-step.


This week I'm learning to love God with all my strength and loving strangers. Want to join me? Please click here for this week's challenges.



*Images for the Deep Love Diving banners and buttons were courtesy of this site.

sharing with:



2 comments:

Alecia Simersky said...

Loving God and loving others, it's what I want as well. Bless you in your journey, I hope God opens your heart and teaches you all you want to know.

Pamela said...

I spent 25 years writing and working almost exclusively with children. I always learned as much as them. I'll be thinking about the strength it takes me to walk--not 300 years but our promised 70 and 10. Looking forward to reading more.