Wednesday, March 6, 2013

transformation

Friday: Reese dressed as Willy Wonka for "Dress as Your Favorite Character" Day at school. At first he wanted to be a character from "Around the World in 80 Days" but couldn't remember the characters name. He was easily transformed with the additional of a paper hat and spiffy vest with matching pants and a collared shirt.




Sunday: Luke wanted to build a city and invited me to join him. Math tools, Lego (of course!) and our dining table transformed to a mini urban center.




Later that night, Dave suggested we measure Brie's hair to see if it was long enough to donate. It was! And with *several* snips she changed from our wee 9-year-old into a most definitely soon to be 10-year-old.



Monday: I cooked up additional play dough colors for Ben. He smooshed and smashed them into a cake creation and generously offered me half of the final product. I'm not sure if he would do the same if it were a real cake. But then, neither would I be able to manage to eat it all anyway.



And God spoke "tranformation" to me though them. I've been praying for God to change those inner places desperate for His Light and saving work.


But when push comes to shove, my flesh prefers the changes to happen as easily as donning a hat or bringing together many pieces to form something new. I remind God He can do anything so why not perfect me in Christ right this very. minute. Poof! A new me.

The reality is these transformation occur slowly and often involve a LOT of cutting away and smooshing and smashing - the kind that mixes up all the colors so you can't separate them no matter how hard you try.

It's the mixology of God.  


And we cannot be separated from His love. And we are made alive in Christ. And we who were separated are now brought near by His blood.

And that is good news.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Beautiful illustration of transformation! I want it to be easy, but God wants it to be complete.