Wednesday, February 2, 2011

wintery thoughts

  • I finally answered a question that had been burning in my mind for awhile... who's eyes were darker brown: Luke's or Ben's, or were they the same shade? Ben's are definitely darker. You'd think the one who gave them birth (moi) would know this intuitively. Apparently not. (These kinds of investigations are perfectly suited for the not-going-anywhere-much days of winter)
  • I love the intimacy of a snowy afternoon when the flakes are feathery and thick. 
  • I used to laugh when people said "I'm getting old" - a comment usually on the heels of some physical activity that wasn't a typical part of their routine. Now I say it to myself. My back, arms, neck are not pleased with me today and the shoveling I did yesterday.
  • 3 out of 4 of our kids can now get 90% of their winter things on by themselves before going out to play. Woohoo! Progress.
  • Does anyone know of a single location on this planet where there is exactly three months of beautiful snowy winter and then temperatures averaging 72 degrees for the rest of the year? If so, please let us know, we may consider moving there.
  • I miss the days when I was light enough to walk on crusted snow like our kids are trying to do outside at this moment. Maybe it's the longing for heavenly things God places inside us, because, without Jesus calling me out of a boat, it's the only time in this life that I was able to walk on water.

No comments: