Thursday, April 28, 2011

hair care

"Scriitch....scriiittch." That was the sound of what I assumed was a hair clip being applied to my hair by my middle son as he was playing with my hair this morning. Turns out, it was the sound of nail scissors being used to cut my hair. Yep. You read that right. Luke decided he'd try his hand at the home hair cutting business...on me. Fortunately, it was only a few small strands (at least I couldn't see any odd patches of missing hair!).

Maybe it's only natural for him to assume I, too, would want him to cut my hair since we often cut our own children's hair. Thus far, we've, rather, I've, had only one major goof up in that department. Enter exhibit A from more than a year ago (the picture is of Ben and Luke - Ben's "hair" was natural, Luke's...not so much. I don't have a picture of Reese to document the hair mass-a-cree of 2009 as Dave likes to refer to it):

Dave and my sister had to shave the boys hair that closely because there wasn't any other option. My mom's expression when she saw the boys was priceless. I was just grateful the boys were too young to care how they looked or understand how, umm, startling, their appearance was.

I think next time, I'll be sure to check out the hair "accessories" before closing my eyes and savoring one of these special bonding times with my children. ;)

BTW...if anyone has any good tips or resources on how to get a good haircut with a home razor kit, I'm all ears.

No comments: