Wednesday, April 13, 2011

on wings

Today, my husband sent me this link to a ustream video of bald eagle's nest in Decorah, Iowa. The parents currently are tending three hatchlings and you can tune in to see what they are up to on a 24/7 basis. This morning, my children and I got to watch the babies have their breakfast...it was hard to tell what was on the menu but the babies seemed to like it.

After watching the mom for a while, Reese turns to me and asks, "Mom, do you ever wish you could turn your head all the way around." Yes, Reese, I do. :) Ironic, that the child who keeps me the most on my toes would ask me this question.

The video reminded me of the many passages in the Bible which liken God to an eagle or bird. Here are a few (taken from the NIV) in case you want to meditate on them as you witness one of His beautiful acts of creation. May we all rest as securely in His presence as these baby birds.

Keep me as the apple of Your eye, hide me in the shadow of Your wings. Psalm 17:8

I long to dwell in Your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. Psalm 61:3-5

He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4

...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint. Isaiah 40:30-31

No comments: