Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ben the builder

One of my favorite pastimes with Ben lately is playing with the "shapes ball." I remember having this classic toy as a child and love that each of our children have enjoyed playing with it as well. The other night, Ben spent the better part of an hour learning how to put the shapes in the correct hole, but mostly using the shapes to build towers. Here are some snaps of his efforts today:

I love the look of concentration he gets on his face when he's constructing and seeing how carefully and deliberately he places each block. Since he's still learning, there are lots of baubles which frustrate him so I started saying "uh oh spaghetti-o" each time the tower toppled which made him giggle and encourage him to try again. It's something I'm learning to say when I make mistakes too. ;)

No comments: