Monday, June 20, 2011

on beauty

Yesterday, I posted at (in)courage on the journey God has taken me on in the last four years in learning to live without makeup and accept His definition of what He thinks is as beautiful. He has so blessed me with the comments and stories shared by women in response to the post.

One of these comments (thank you Betty!) had a poem of beauty tips which I wanted to share here - I think it captures the heart of what God means when He says to clothe ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience:

For attractive lips,
Speak words of kindness.


For lovely eyes,
Seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure,
Share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair,
Let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.

For poise,
Walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone.

-Author Unknown

No comments: