Monday, October 8, 2012

day 8: heart and soul

Last week I did a concordance search on the word, "heart." It surprised me to see the number of Scriptures which tied the heart and soul together. In the New King James Version, this happens 36 times.  

A nice segue into the focus for this week: loving God with all my soul. But what does this mean?

For that I turned to biblestudytools.com. In Hebrew, the word for soul is "nephesh." Its definitions include soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion. And, "that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man."

We are to love God with our very breath. Inhaling love. Exhaling love. For the very one who breathed life into dust.

(View all the 31 Days of Deep Love Diving posts here )

Sneak peak at tomorrow:  a crazylove giveaway



This week I'm learning to love God with all my soul and loving the "poor in spirit." Want to join me? Please click here for this week's challenges.


No comments: