Thursday, January 3, 2013

first verse and creative work outs

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm challenging myself (along with Dave and the kids) to memorize 52 Bible verses this year. That's one per week.

I've attempted something like this before as part of Beth Moore's Scripture Memory Team (she's doing it again this year too). Twenty four verses is easier to tackle than 52, but knowing I had 2-3 weeks in between memorizing each new verse, made it all too easy to let it fall by the wayside.

I'm hoping the weekly challenge will help us stick with it.

Here's this week's verse from Isaiah 30:20-21 in the NIV 1984:
Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”   

And as for exercising? Didn't happen yesterday unless you count walking from the house to the car, down a couple Target aisles and around the library. 

With the kids home and daylight hours shortened for a few more months, I can see I may have to be creative in my ways to work up a sweat. 
sledding on New Year's Day 

Today, my mom and I are planning to take the kids sledding on a long, sloping hill near their home. The kind that could benefit from a tow lift. :) Walking in snow + snow gear + plus the probability of having to tow Ben up at least part way should equal working up a good sweat.

Reese gets in two rides for every one we manage





No comments: