Monday, April 18, 2011

recipe: chocolate earth ball

yummy "chocolate earth balls"


placed in a box,

wrapped, and ready to


I made these with my children for my mom's birthday this past weekend. It's a recipe I came across at Whole Foods Market awhile back. Check out their great recipe selection.


Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Earth Balls
1 c. of all-natural unsalted peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/3 c. liquid honey
2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 c. raisins (this time I used dried cherries - any dried fruit would probably work well)
1/4 c. unsweetened coconut (usually found at health food stores)
1/2 c. chocolate chips
additional coconut or finely chopped nuts

Mix all but the last ingredients together. It's helpful to refrigerate the mixture for at least a 1/2 hour if the peanut butter is runny. Scoop out the mixture in spoonfuls, roll into balls and coat in the additional coconut or chopped nuts. Place on a plate. Refrigerate until ready to eat (I think they eat better when they are firm).

No comments: