Wednesday, October 31, 2012

day 31: this is just the beginning

This is it - the last day of writing for 31 days on diving deeply into love.

Let me just take a moment to praise God because from the second week on, I wasn't sure how I was going to make it this far.

{Hallelujah! Thank You, Lord. Amen}

But that's the way God works...carrying you beyond your own strength. 

And really, this is just the beginning because it takes more than 31 days to learn how to love deeply. I need more time to soak in what it means to dive into love deeply. Writing these posts was wonderful, but it also made it harder to be still and focus on the challenges.

All of this writing? It was just God's way of getting me to think about how to love Him heart, soul, mind and strength and to love others...those I love already, the poor in spirit, my (gulp) enemies, strangers, myself.

I need more than 31 days to complete all of the challenges. I'm still stuck somewhere between weeks one and two, though I did manage to squeak in a few challenges from weeks three and four by God's grace.


photo source
So let today be the first day of the real adventure in deep love diving. May it become a lifestyle, conscious choice and a second skin. That's my prayer for today and every day here on out and may these pages and these posts reflect God's love and encourage others to do this deep love dive too.

If you joined me for one or more days of diving, what challenge challenged you the most? And how is God growing you in the areas of love?  

*Images for the Deep Love Diving banners and buttons were courtesy of this site.

No comments: